For all of your vehicle Parts needs in the Sioux Falls area – Since 1965
Your vehicle’s alternator is a pivotal part of its electrical system. Its key role is to provide power to operate the starter, ignition, and all other electronic parts and accessories in your car, van, truck, or SUV. Without a functioning alternator, your vehicle simply wouldn’t run.
This is why it should be a goal of all responsible drivers to have their alternator serviced or replaced before a complete shutdown, whenever possible.
6 Signs of a Failing Alternator
- The Indicator Light – Your vehicle may be equipped with a warning light on the dashboard titled “ALT” or “GEN.” This is often the first indicator that your alternator is going bad. Don’t ignore this. Drivers in Larchmont should bring their vehicle to Acura of Westchester ASAP for service.
- Headlights are Dim or Flickering – This is a strong signal that your alternator may not be working properly. The alternator provides power to the headlights, so flickering usually means your alternator is struggling to perform.
- Other Electrical Failures – When your alternator is struggling, various electronic systems may start failing. This can include power windows, power locks, dashboard lights, air conditioning, and even your radio.
- Strange Noises – Alternator failure can sometimes cause some of the bearings to fall into the engine, creating an unusual rattling noise.
- Car Stalls or Has Difficulty Starting – Your Acura doesn’t just run on gasoline. It runs on electricity, even if it isn’t an electric or hybrid vehicle. Your alternator provides power to the spark plugs that ignite the gasoline in your engine. When your alternator is failing, there may not be enough power in the spark plugs to keep the engine going. This can cause your vehicle to stall for no reason, or have problems starting.
- Battery Dies – Batteries sometimes die on their own for various reasons. However, a bad alternator can actually cause the battery to drain because it’s failing to recharge it.
For drivers in the Sioux Falls area, your local Vern Eide Motorcars is the best place to find the right alternator replacement for your vehicle. We offer full services and provide genuine parts for Acura, Honda, Mitsubishi, and all make and model vehicles.
For those do-it-yourself types in the Sioux Falls area, we make it easy to purchase a new alternator suited to your vehicle’s exact make and model.
Simply place an order on our website, or stop by a Vern Eide location near you to shop in person. We have multiple shops in the Sioux Falls region, and regularly service drivers from Sioux Falls, Brookings, Madison, Luvern, Rock Rapids, Lennox, and surrounding areas.
If we don’t have what you’re looking for currently in stock at our shop, we will order it for you on the spot.
For those who would like assistance with installation, our service team is readily at your disposal. We will ensure your new alternator is installed properly and everything is set to exact factory specifications.