For all of your vehicle’s service needs in the Sioux Falls area – Since 1965
Brake Fluid Flush Service
Your brake fluid is what allows the different components of your braking system to move without overheating. It operates under high temperatures and pressure to make certain your vehicle comes safely to a stop.
Without clean, high performing brake fluid, your brakes simply would not work. Consequently, it is very important you have your brake fluid flushed and replaced on a regular basis.
A brake system flush includes removing the existing fluid and moisture out of the system and replacing it with new, clean, fluid. This service ensures your brakes perform as you expect them to, and increases the overall life expectancy of your brake system components.
Most mechanics suggest changing the fluid for brakes every one to two years, but every vehicle has its own unique set of maintenance needs. Check your owner’s manual to determine the recommended mileage point to have your vehicle’s brake fluid flushed.
If it’s been a while since your last brake system flush, your vehicle may be displaying some of these symptoms:
Ways to Tell You Need a Brake System Flush
- You have to press your brakes (nearly) all the way down to the floor before your vehicle begins to slow.
- You have to pump the brake pedal two or more times to bring your car to a stop.
- Your dashboard “Check Engine Light” comes on.
- You notice clear signs of brake fluid leakage beneath your vehicle. The spots will be clear to brown in color, and it’ll be slick.
- You can also check your owner’s manual for the placement of your brake fluid reservoir under the hood. You can check your fluid levels here.
Dirty or low-level brake fluid means you need to have your fluid flushed and changed out.
For your convenience, we have multiple locations in the region. We regularly service drivers from Sioux Falls, Brookings, Madison, Luvern, Rock Rapids, Lennox, and the surrounding areas.
We offer full services for Acura, Honda, Mitsubishi, and all make and model vehicles. Our service team will always use the best parts and products to restore your vehicle to exact factory specifications.
Don’t wait until your brakes suffer serious damage as a result of poor quality — or low quantity — brake fluid. schedule an appointment with your local Vern Eide Motorcars today!