For all of your auto repair needs in the Sioux Falls area – Since 1965
Auto Frame Repair
The frame of your vehicle doesn’t just give it its sleek shape. In fact, maintaining the integrity of your frame is essential to ensure your safety in case of an accident.
In a collision, the frame’s structure keeps your vehicle from collapsing under its own weight. It is also designed with strategic “crumple points” which guarantee the vehicle “crumples” around you, and not on you.
If your frame has been damaged in an accident, you want to have it repaired as soon as possible. Continuing to drive with a bent, weakened, or otherwise, damaged frame puts the safety of all passengers at risk.
Even if the frame looks okay, the integrity of the metal may still be compromised. If you’ve been in an accident, you’ll want to have your frame inspected. Failure to do so means your vehicle may be unable to properly protect you the next time something happens out on the road.
For drivers in Sioux Falls area, Vern Eide Body Shop is the place for frame repairs.
We treat our customers the way we would want to be treated. That’s the EIDE Effect. That means we’ll treat your vehicle as if it were our own. We value your safety, so you can trust we’ll restore your vehicle to exact factory safety specifications.
When it comes to repairing your vehicle’s damaged frame, we utilize state of the art technology, guaranteeing fit and finish will be precise.
Our computerized laser measuring system and repair machines allow us to measure your vehicle’s frame down to the millimeter and make any corrections needed to get you back to pre-accident conditions.
How Computerized Frame Repairs Work
- Computerized electronic measuring devices are attached to marker points around your vehicle’s frame.
- The computer reads the measurements and compares them to original factory specifications.
- Your damaged vehicle is driven onto the platform of the Auto Body Frame Machine and bolted to rigid clamps which keep it in place.
- Chains linked to a tower are attached to specific points on your vehicle’s frame, based on where the diagnostics indicate straightening is required.
- The tower’s hydraulic equipment gradually increases the tension on the chains to pull that section of the frame back into proper shape.
- Our electronic measurement system verifies that the adjustments are made correctly, so the frame is restored to exact specifications and the vehicle drives correctly.
If your vehicle was damaged in an accident, visit your local Vern Eide location for repairs.
Our Factory Trained Technicians are trained and equipped to service Acura, Honda, and Mitsubishi vehicles, as well as every make and model.
We are proud to serve drivers from Sioux Falls, Brookings, Luvern, Madison, Rock Rapids, Lennox, or surrounding areas.
We look forward to earning your business. Schedule an appointment today!