For all of your vehicle’s tire needs in the Sioux Falls area – Since 1965
Flat tires can be inconvenient, and blowouts can be dangerous. If it can be helped, it’s best not to wait until after one of these things happens to get your tires replaced.
If you’ve already had a flat or blowout, Vern Eide Motorcars is the best option in the get your tire replaced and to repair any resulting damage that may have occurred if an accident took place.
But there are signs to determine early on when your vehicle is in need of new tires.
5 Warning Signs You Need New Tires
- Decreased Tread Depth – The tread on your tires should never fall beneath 1/16 of an inch (1.6 millimeters) in depth. If you regularly drive on wet, slick surfaces, you’d be better off with twice that much.
- The Tread Wear Indicator Bar – Newer tires have a convenience that older tires do not. They have indicator bars built into the tires themselves. These bars are not visible (or barely visible) on brand new tires, and they slowly appear as the treads wear down.
- Cracks in the Sidewall – Look for tracks or cuts in the sidewall. These grooves will be distinct enough to be easily visible to the naked eye. This could signify your tire is developing a leak, or worse.
- Bulges or Blisters on the Tire – Sometimes the outer surface of the tire begins to weaken, resulting in a bulge or blister that extends outwards from the rest of the tire surface. This weak spot can cause a sudden blowout.
- Too Much Vibration – A certain amount of vibration is normal when driving, especially on poorly paved or gravel roads. But if the vibration feels excessive in comparison to what you’re used to, this can be an early indicator that your tires are wearing out or may even be misaligned.
The best way to ensure you’re buying the correct tires for your vehicle’s make and model is to purchase them from a certified dealership.
Vern Eide Motorcars offers a full line of manufacturer approved tires for Acura, Buick, Chevy, Ford, GMC, Honda, Lincoln, Mitsubishi, and all make and model vehicles.
Some of the popular tire brands that Vern Eide Motorcars keeps in-stock are BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Goodyear, Hankook, Michelin, and Yokohama.
If you have questions about what kind of tires are best suited for your vehicle, as well as your typical driving style and conditions, consult one of our specialists today.
Vern Eide is the place to turn to for drivers in the Sioux Falls area. If you live in Sioux Falls, Brookings, Madison, Luvern, Rock Rapids, or Lennox, let Vern Eide Motorcars be there for all your tire replacement needs!